Facebook meme!

Filed under : The Internets
On January 30, 2009
At 3:30 pm

1 Random Thing You Should Know About Me

1. If you tag me for this, I will use whatever device I’m on at that moment (iPod Touch, Blackberry, laptop, work PC) to immediately untag myself. I don’t know why, but ignoring it just isn’t enough!

1a. Even though I love you, I also don’t read yours.

You may feel that that’s two, but seriously, one’s a corollary of the other.

The Police – Too Much Information

Jane says

Excellent decision.

I discovered that even after I caved and posted it, it didn’t stop people from continuing to tag me.

Which means that whole “if I tagged you, I wanted to know more about you” thing isn’t true, because they’d already know I already posted it.

Wait, why have I even put this much thought into this?

sarpon says

Memo to anyone I know and may ever know whether I ever friend you or am friended by you: when you don’t get tagged by me it is a sign of my high regard for you because it is by not inflicting upon you a list, game, quiz, wave, event, snowball, gift, et al that I indicate my respect for the value of your time.

In other words, when the phone doesn’t ring, you’ll know it’s me.

Solace says

And you can’t block note tags. I’m much happier since I figured out how to block applications, but you can’t block note tags.

Jane, really? See, even people who write them don’t read them. Unless they’re somehow hoping you’ll do 25 more.

Sarp, I’m so excited you didn’t call me today! It completely confirms that you care.

Sol, I wish you could block tags in general. But it’s one of the many things I’d want to say to Mark Zuckerberg, should we meet at the supermarket or something.

Irishcardinal says

Anything that uses “friend” as a verb is something I want no part of.

Solace says

But, Irish, if FB used “befriend”, the little middle school kids’ heads would explode.

kb says

I read everybody’s, even strangers’. I LOVE this particular wave of notes.

Well, I do like FB in general. And is unbefriend a word?

(Spellcheck says…. no.)

kb, we’re going to have to disagree on this one. :D

Alex says

I’m resisting an impulse to post my 25 Random Things right here. But that would make me a terrible guest on Becca’s blog, and I would hate to abuse her generous nature or take unfair advantage of her hospitality.

kb says

I’m okay with disagreeing. As you probably assumed, I’m not one who follows the crowd (unless the crowd is doing something really neat, like writing 25 intimate details about their inner or outer psyche).

After reading these notes, I’ve come to realize a few people are more like me than I ever realized. Even a few strangers. “25 Things” has helped forge new friendships. I’ll take it.