The sticky is so this post stays on top for a while. The new year is the Jewish new year, and if you’re getting your holiday on, you know you want baked goods. And look! We have a fun new logo for my now traditional “bake sale for charity.” This season, the charity in question is the Susan G. Komen Race For the Cure, which raises money to help find a cure for breast cancer and help poor women afford healthcare. For a happy blog, I’ve mentioned too many times that this is an issue that effects me deeply and has changed my life forever.
This time, I’m doing the race in Denver. Because I like mountains and I like my friends. Who are also going to Denver. Sadly, due to health and personal issues, I haven’t been able to train and so I may end up walking. But they still give your money to cure cancer, don’t worry. And my team is called Team Fabulous!, so I’m sure it will be fabulous either way, with an exclamation point, even.
I’m not saying my cookies will save the world, but they will save your day. Because rugelach are just that good. If you have never tasted rugelach, or mine in particular, they are rolled, pastry cookies that are made with butter, fruity filling, chocolate, cinnamon, and a healthy dose of awesome. I make them in raspberry/chocolate, but for your convenience, apricot/chocolate is also on offer. No nuts are involved.
(at right, raspberry rugelach in action)
So! Here is how to donate and get rugelach:
1. Donate at least $15 to my Komen/Race For the Cure fund. It is tax deductible.
2. Pay $5 shipping (no credit cards please or PayPal takes out a large slice). This is not tax deductible.
3. Fill out this form.
And that’s it!
Here are some facts you may like to know:
- It’s a medium-sized (4 cup) Gladware container.
- Last day to order is Saturday 9/20.
- Shipping will depend on the timing of your order but will be before the end of September. I’ll let you know when yours ships. It will be via USPS priority mail.
Most importantly, THANK YOU! And a sweet new year.
PS, this is my 500th post. How well did that work out?