This just in: Jewish Girls wanted in India

Filed under : International
On April 13, 2007
At 2:50 am

I don’t know why I read Jewlicious but I do. Even though I only really skim their posts, I like their multi-faceted, Jews of all stripes, mostly based in Israel approach. Or maybe it’s the girl in the “I heart hashem” t-shirt. In any event, I have to say, my favorite comments are by the non-Jews. Since I can’t go to bed without having my RSS reader at zero (it’s a curse, I tell you!) I just went there (stupid partial feeds) when this comment caught my eye:

Sunny says:

I have respect for Jews especially the israeli jews because they have shown tremendous bravery by living in such a hostile surrounding.
Arab-israeli dispute should end as soon as possible.

I developed interest in jew because their customs are similar to our Hindu customs.

And i will definitely marry a jew and bring her to india to live and enjoy india’s diversity and culture. I am confident that she will definitely raise our childrens to be good people.

Is anybody listening!!!

I’m listening, Sunny, and I’m interested in jew too. It sounds like a fabulous way to meet chicks, leaving comments on Jewlicious posts from 2005. But in case that doesn’t work out for you, I’d give Craigslist a try.

The song I want isn’t available on Napster. Which blows because it’s fabulous. But here’s the video which is also fabulous.
YouTube Preview Image

TM says

God, it would be nice if just once somebody wrote that they read Jewlicious because of TheMiddle.

Pious B says

I told you to see “The Namesake.” Gogol, is that you?

Well, TM, it’s not to hear Esther K. talk about the singles scene on the Upper West Side. It’s just not that exotic to me really. But you’re my favorite! And I’m not just saying that because you commented on my blog, although it doesn’t hurt.

Pi, I know! What a fool I was. We’ll talk about it on the flight to India.

TM says

Yes! I now have another reason for living!

Sarpon says

Pig, cow, same difference.

average jane says

There are loads of israeli jews in india already — they all go there after serving in the army. My friend lived there for six months. Really, it’s the Indians’ fault for not marketing their single men better. She left with an Israeli…

I don’t know, but I find Indian men irresistible.

Pious B says

Ditto, Average (to the liking a little curry in your chulent, ifyouknowwhati’msayin’…).

TM, while I have you here and you’re basking in the joy of life as a J-Ball favorite, please share with your compatriots that your site is way too slow to load and that I am beginning to believe that Rabbi Yonah gets his Omer notes from the inside of Snapple bottle caps. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Sarpon, especially if you’re vegetarian.

Jane, even Apu? Oh, I kid. You need to go to Jewlicious and introduce yourself to Sunny! You too, Pi.

Esther Kustanowitz says

Hey! I talk about things other than the UWS. Jeez…everyone always pigeonholes me…

Shabbat shalom…

Oh Esther, now that you’ve been nice enough to visit and comment, I feel shamed enough to admit that I feel deeply sympatico with your “there’s no label for my brand of Judaism” sentiment. That post (maybe it was a comment? I can’t remember) felt totally spot on, as is much of the stuff you write (even the dating travails, now it can be told).

In a rare bout of sincerity,
Becca

PS, Your blog is on my feed reader as well as The Big J.

PPS, Shabbat Shalom!

TM says

Well, in all honesty, R. Yonah is probably juggling 17 projects all at once and most do not involve sitting in front of a computer. I think he’s trying to contribute with very limited time to write.

As for the slow-loading, I am aware of it and I think it hurts us somewhat. I suspect it’s because we try to decorate many of our posts with images and this causes some slowing. On the positive side, it’s faster than it used to be.

Shabbat shalom.

Good to know, TM. And thanks for responding to all that. I just thought your server was in Israel and the info took a long time to travel over the Internets.

Two other Jewlicious related items:

1. When I told folks at the Friday night dinner I attended that Esther Kustanowitz had commented on my blog, everyone gasped. She’s a bit of a celebrity on the Jewish UWS.

2. I LOVE this post: http://www.jewlicious.com/?p=3364

It’s “Battle of the Bearded European MCs” and I gotta say, that first one is GENIUS.

Esther Kustanowitz says

Hah…I’m both tickled and sad at my celebrity status. I keep waiting for it to pay off, Entourage-style. But alas…

Still, I’ll take it. Thanks for your sincerity and flattery, Becca.

Shavua tov!